TYPO3 Advent Calendar
Online-Advent Calendar Extension for TYPO3 - with optional Competition-Feature.
Our TYPO3 Advent Calendar extension is exactly the right tool for your customers to countdown to Christmas! The extension is an easy-to-integrate advent calendar that comes with five standard Christmas themes.
Simply choose the best theme for your company and benefit from many useful features, such as animated snow falling across the calendar display and content hidden behind doors. Content types include simple text-image combinations, text only, image only and, of course, forms that can be used for various purposes.
The basic version also allows you to measure the success of your calendar by means of dedicated click tracking - this can be setup for the calendar as a whole or just for individual doors.
And if this basic functionality is not enough for your needs, use the Pro version! The Pro version provides additional functionality including door content from previous days is still visible, the possibility to add competitions behind doors and user registration so that users can keep up-to-date with new competitions.
|Basic||Basic + Pro|
|Select from various preconfigured templates||x|
|Customise templates easily without programming knowledge e.g. by adding your own background images and full-surface videos including sound||x|
|Simulate Advent Calendar days easily for test purposes to check content behind doors on specific days||x|
|Order doors in a specific order or arrange randomly||x|
|Add a wintry atmosphere to the calendar by activating animated snow||x|
|Detect user interest statistics for each door with click statistics that can be viewed in the backend||x|
|Insert any data record behind a door, from simple text elements to images and forms||x|
|Users can view doors from previous days not just the current day||x|
|Users can register so that they are kept up-to-date with future promotions - they receive a daily reminder to open doors or can be alerted to a new calendar the following year||x|
|The login functionality for registered users has a "forgotten password" function||x|
|Doors can contain vouchers, product presentations, customised automated competitions, attractive e-cards or standard content elements||x|
|If a door contains a competition, as many prizes can be created as desired||x|
|Competitions can be set up to include single choice or multiple choice answers||x|
|60 minutes of free support included||x|
* The basic version must be installed to use the pro version.
TYPO3-Adventskalender PRO Change-Log
2019-12-04 Release of version 3.5.2
- [TASK] Cleanup ext_tables.php and ext_localconf.php
- [TASK] Remove realURL configuration
- [TASK] use POST for ajax form submit to avoid cHash errors
- [TASK] use original class name for AbstractViewHelper
- [TASK] use new extension configuration API
- [TASK] remove usage of TYPO3_DB
- [TASK] remove setUseCacheHash
- [TASK] Fix update check in lottery plugin
- [TASK] Fix flexform in lottery plugin
- [TASK] Remove @lazy annotation
- [TASK] Remove @cascade annotations
- [TASK] Add extbase table mapping in Configuration/Extbase
- [TASK] Remove obsolete inject functions
- [TASK] Remove obsolete backup function
- [TASK] Migrate CommandControllers to symfony commands
- [TASK] Remove obsolete CommandControllers
- [TASK] Use core logging for errors, write file to var/log/
- [TASK] Move code from ext_tables.php to Configurations/TCA/Overrides
- [TASK] Remove obsolete icon files
- [TASK] Remove unnecessary use of siteRelPath
2019-12-04 Release of version 3.5.1
- [TASK] Add more information to the participants report mail
- [BUGFIX] Fix a bug in ReminderCommand - issue results from TYPO3 9.5 migration
- [BUGFIX] Remove deprecated SQL backup source code
2019-11-19 Release of version 3.5.0
- [TASK] QueryBuilder and TYPO3 9.5 migration
- [FEATURE] If only one answer is available, the whole question/answer is replaced by a simple 'participate' button
- [BUGFIX] Fix sys_language_uid evaluation in TCA
2019-10-23 Release of version 3.4.3
- [TASK] Remove DEV identifier.
- [TASK] Add Gitlab-CI configuration.
- [TASK] Add composer.json.
2018-11-27 Release of version 3.4.2
- [BUGFIX] Fixing RTE in winning object.
2018-11-26 Release of version 3.4.1
- [BUGFIX] Fixing translation including translation key.
2018-11-24 Release of version 3.4.0
- [FEATURE] Extending registration and password reset for using custom user passwords.
2018-11-21 Release of version 3.3.0
- [FEATURE] Adding optional fields for registration (address, postal code, city).
2018-08-30 Release of version 3.2.0
- [TASK] Rising dependencies.
- [FEATURE] Adding Newsletter subscription checkbox.
- [FEATURE] Adding MD5 hash for generated passwords.
- [TASK] Extending jQuery AJAX error handler with more detailed information.
- [FEATURE] Adding loading layer while AJAX actions are in progress.
2017-12-01 Release of version 3.1.3
Bugfix-Release: Fixing reminder on first day and lottery template issues.
- [BUGFIX] Send lottery reminder on first day too
- [BUGFIX] Fixing translation value in lottery, when user isn't logged in
- [BUGFIX] Fixing lottery question of current day.
2017-11-30 Release of version 3.1.2
2017-11-28 Release of version 3.1.1
- [BUGFIX] Fixing file links in RTE
2017-11-20 Release of version 3.1.0
- [FEATURE] Adding question description as RTE
- [TASK] Removing TCA exclude fields
- [TASK] Adding english translations
2017-11-07 Release of version 3.0.3
- [BUGFIX] Fixing message severity
- [BUGFIX] Fixing displaying message while initialization
2017-10-30 Release of version 3.0.2
- [BUGFIX] Fixing TypoScript constant identifier
- [BUGFIX] Fixing getCurrentDay in Command controller
2017-10-19 Release of version 3.0.0
- [TASK] Migrating TCA for TYPO3 8.7
2017-08-08 Release of version 2.4.3
- [TASK] Working on documentation
2016-12-02 Release of version 2.4.1
- [BUGFIX] Bugfix for ajax submit events in Firefox
- [TASK] Adding some type castings
- [BUGFIX] Bugfix for displaying messages after email confirmation
- [BUGFIX] Removing usage of 'empty', because this causes an error in PHP 5.4
2016-11-28 Release of version 2.4.0
- [FEATURE] Provide a scheduler for determining the winner of lottery questions
- [FEATURE] Integrate Questions into the Lottery
- [TASK] Remove using of VHS
- [TASK] Insert some tabs for window TCA
- [TASK] Remove window partials, that are already provided by the base extension
- [TASK] Adding icons as SVG for using TYPO3 7.6.x
- [FEATURE] Participants email template gets calendar object for displaying information about it
- [FEATURE] Realurl auto configuration
- [FEATURE] TYPO3 7.6 compatibility
- [TASK] Optimizing error messages
- [FEATURE] Integrate password reset feature
- [FEATURE] Integrate SQL backup on command controller execution
- [TASK] Ensure that emails are always processed lowercase
- [TASK] New registrations are now initiated with the current day on field lastReminderDay
2015-12-02 Release of version 2.2.0
- [TASK] Changing window participants TCA from inline to group
- [FEATURE] Adding reminder feature
- [FEATURE] Finish integration of lottery features
- [FEATURE] Integration of lottery features
- [TASK] Adding missed .htaccess in private folder
2015-11-18 Release of version 2.0.1
- [FEATURE] Adding a content element as window content
2015-11-17 Release of version 2.0.0
Which TYPO3 versions is the advent calendar compatible with?
We always try to keep the advent calendar extension compatible with the current TYPO3-LTS version. Thus, the extension is currently compatible with TYPO3 versions 7.6. up to 10.4 .
Is the TYPO3 Advent Calendar responsive?
The calendar is responsive - on large displays, for example, 6-4 doors are displayed in a row. On smaller displays this goes down to two doors next to each other. More responsive behavior can easily be added using CSS media queries.
Is it possible to use the online advent calendar without TYPO3 installed?
Yes, it is possible. In that case, we would host your online advent calendar instance in a separate TYPO3 installation and you can then easily integrate this into your website via iframe.
Does the advent calendar collect statistics?
The advent calendar contains a counter that counts how many times the Advent calendar and each door is clicked on. If you need more detailed information, Google Analytics tracking can also be used.
Please note that the advent calendar does not count any hits in simulation mode!