Configure PayPal Plus Checkout
Warning: PayPalPlus Checkout requires the Pro version of the shop extension Warning: The PayPalPlus Checkout requires the entry of the full URL in the site configuration of your TYPO3 instance.
PayPal Plus Account
You will need a PayPal account. Login to PayPal and open
https://developer.paypal.com. Go to My Apps & Credentials in the menu and create a new app. Take note of whether you want to create a Live or a Sandbox account. After creating it, you should have the following information
- (Sandbox) Account: This is an email address.
- Client ID: This is a hash value that identifies the client.
- Secret: This is also a hash value. Make sure you keep it secret!
For testing purposes you will need an extra account which you can set up under https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/.
Create a new webhook in the App & Credentials view on developer.paypal.com. The webhook is triggered by a Payment sale completed event and will receive the callback URL from your TYPO3.
To create the CallBack URL, you must first create an additional page of type "Hidden in menu". Place a plugin of type "Shop Checkout & Order by mail" on the page.
Now call this page in the frontend and copy the URL. Now append to this URL all the parameters you see in the example below, starting with the occurrence of the question mark.
Parameter: ?tx_shop_basketorder%5Baction%5D=payPalPlusCallback&tx_shop_basketorder%5Bcontroller%5D=BasketOrder Full URL as example: https://test9.t3co.de/checkout?tx_shop_basketorder%5Baction%5D=payPalPlusCallback&tx_shop_basketorder%5Bcontroller%5D=BasketOrder
Now enter this URL in your PayPalPlus account under "Webhook URL" and get the Webhook ID there after saving. The ID must be entered in the TypoScript constants template. The ID replaces the string "XXXx" in the example below.
themes.configuration.extension.shop.checkout.payPalPlus.webhookID = XXXX
Using human readable urls:
routeEnhancers: ShopCheckoutPlugin: type: Extbase limitToPages: - 4 extension: Shop plugin: BasketOrder routes: - routePath: '/pay-pal-plus-callback' _controller: 'BasketOrder::payPalPlusCallback'
If your environment is password protected the webhook can't be executed. Please make sure that the webhook can be accessed.
When a webhook is created the webhook ID is displayed. This ID is important for configuring checkout. (See Checkout configuration section)
- active Activate/deactivate checkout
- checkoutPid Enter the page Uid of the checkout page.
- successPid Enter the page Uid of the success page. This is the page you will be redirected to after successful payment.
- cancelPid Enter the page Uid of the cancel page. This is the page you will be redirected to if you cancel the payment process.
- service The checkout service PHP class is assigned here. This can be modified if the process needs to be changed.
- sandbox Activate/deactivate the sandbox.
- payPalPlusSuccessRedirectPid Enter the page Uid of the success page to which the user will be redirected after successful PayPal authentication.
- webhookID Enter the webhook ID of the webhook triggered by the
Payment sale completedevent. (See section Configure callback)
- payPalPlusClientId Enter the client ID of the (sandbox) account created in PayPal.
- payPalPlusSecret Enter the Secret of the (sandbox) account that was created in PayPal.
If a callback does not work, you can activate debugging. Read how this works in the How To/Debugging section.