Configure PayPal Plus Checkout
Warning: PayPalPlus Checkout requires the Pro version of the shop extension
PayPal Plus Account
You will need a PayPal account. Login to PayPal and open
https://developer.paypal.com. Go to My Apps & Credentials in the menu and create a new app. Take note of whether you want to create a Live or a Sandbox account. After creating it, you should have the following information
- (Sandbox) Account: This is an email address.
- Client ID: This is a hash value that identifies the client.
- Secret: This is also a hash value. Make sure you keep it secret!
For testing purposes you will need an extra account which you can set up under https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/.
Create a new webhook in the App & Credentials view on developer.paypal.com. The webhook is triggered by a Payment sale completed event and will receive the callback URL from your TYPO3. Here is an example of a callback URL:
Using human readable urls:
routeEnhancers: ShopCheckoutPlugin: type: Extbase limitToPages: - 4 extension: Shop plugin: BasketOrder routes: - routePath: '/pay-pal-plus-callback' _controller: 'BasketOrder::payPalPlusCallback'
If your environment is password protected the webhook can't be executed. Please make sure that the webhook can be accessed.
When a webhook is created the webhook ID is displayed. This ID is important for configuring checkout. (See Checkout configuration section)
- active Activate/deactivate checkout
- checkoutPid Enter the page Uid of the checkout page.
- successPid Enter the page Uid of the success page. This is the page you will be redirected to after successful payment.
- cancelPid Enter the page Uid of the cancel page. This is the page you will be redirected to if you cancel the payment process.
- service The checkout service PHP class is assigned here. This can be modified if the process needs to be changed.
- sandbox Activate/deactivate the sandbox.
- payPalPlusSuccessRedirectPid Enter the page Uid of the success page to which the user will be redirected after successful PayPal authentication.
- webhookID Enter the webhook ID of the webhook triggered by the
Payment sale completedevent. (See section Configure callback)
- payPalPlusClientId Enter the client ID of the (sandbox) account created in PayPal.
- payPalPlusSecret Enter the Secret of the (sandbox) account that was created in PayPal.
If a callback does not work, you can activate debugging. Read how this works in the How To/Debugging section.