Setting up the Scheduler / CronJob
Scheduler for automatic import
The scheduler (also called a planner) is a TYPO3 system extension used for scheduled execution of tasks and actions. The OpenImmo extension uses the scheduler to make regular checks for new import data and then to import the data if applicable.
You can find further information on the scheduler here: Documentation on TYPO3 Scheduler
In a newly installed TYPO3 system, the Scheduler extension is not installed. You will need to switch into the extension manager and install the scheduler there.
In order for the scheduler to execute future tasks configured to run in the future you will need to set up a system cron job that calls the scheduler. You can read about setting it up here: Dokumentation zur Einrichtung eines TYPO3-Scheduler CronJobs.
Then open the scheduler module in the backend - you will find it in the system modules section.
Then go to the Konfiguration prüfen view in order to check whether the scheduler is to use.
Here you can see the configuration status of the scheduler.
- Here you can see when the scheduler was last executed.
- This checks whether the the backend users necessary for the scheduler are available. In this case these aren't available yet.
- In order to quickly create the required users, a link is provided here.
- At the bottom, you can see whether the system cronjob is available.
Click on the link shown as point 3 to create the necessary backend users. If it was successful you should see the following:
Now that you know that the scheduler is correctly configured, go back to the Geplante Tasks view and click on the top button to create a new task.
You can configure your scheduler task in this form.
- First, select the class that will create the scheduler task. In our case it is the Extbase-CommandController-Task.
- Next, specify the time interval the scheduler should use to check for new import data. The interval is specified in seconds. For us an hourly check is sufficient so we have entered (60secs * 60min) 3600.
Make sure that the time interval you enter is not too short. The scheduler task can take some time depending on the amount of data to be imported and overall system performance. The time interval should not be less than the system cronjob time interval.
- Finally, you need to enter which system CommandController should be executed - in our case Openimmo Import: import
Click on speichern and go back to the task overview.
If an import fails you will find log files for each import process in the directory
`uploads / tx_openimmo / log /`(if activated). Users of the Pro version can have this log sent via e-mail.
Scheduler for Property alerts (saved searches)
The scheduler for property alerts does the following:
- When property alerts are nearing expiry reminder emails are sent so that users can extend the time.
- Each time a saved search is run the scheduler checks for suitable real estate properties and the user receives a notification email if any are found.
The OpenImmo data record container needs to be marked as 'Contains extension' OpenImmo - Immobilien for the scheduler to work properly. It can be found under the Verhalten tab in the page properties of the container . If this property has been correctly set the container will have a house icon in the page tree.