Installation of the Age Verification extension
- Install the extension using the extension manager or composer
- Add the static template on the root page
Setup of Age Verification using the plugin on a different page
- Create a new page in the page tree for age verification. This page should not be visible in the menu and should not be included in the search index.
- Create an Age-Verification plugin content element on this page
- Make any required modifications to language variables in this content element
- Finally, open the TypoScript Constant Editor on the root page, select the Age-Verification category and where it says Page for age verification enter the page ID of the page you have just created
The frontend of your website should now redirect you to the age verification page where you will be asked to verify that you are 18 or older. It will then redirect you back to the original page.
Setup of Age Verification in an overlay
- Open the TypoScript Constant Editor on the root page and select the Age-Verification category
- Tick the Use Overlay checkbox in the Overlay category
- You can modify all language variables in the Overlay category
The frontend of your website should now display an age verification overlay where you will need to confirm that you are 18 or over.